Protecting your privacy is very important to us. We take our obligation to safeguard and secure your personal information very seriously. We want you to understand how we protect your privacy and when we obtain and use your information.
The Information We Receive
The Trust receives information from persona that voluntarily and explicitly provide it to The Trust. Some information is non-public personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) which is information that identifies you and is not available to the general public. The following sections explain how and when we receive Personal Information.
Information We Obtain From You
- We receive personal information from you directly, from your transactions with us, and from third parties.
- We will not sell your information to third parties.
- Any third parties who perform services for us are required to safeguard any personal information and may only use it in connection with performing those services.
- We extensively secure and limit access to your personal information.
- We protect personal information about potential, current, and former employees of the Members of The Trust.
During the application process for membership in The Trust or during the claims handling process, we may receive Personal Information such as:
- phone number
- email address
- Social Security numbers
- driver’s license numbers
- dates of birth
- Property Values
- Loss History
- Employee Records
- Employee Medical Information
Information About Your Entity
We may receive Personal Information about your employer’s transactions and experiences with us and others, such as your property and vehicle loss history, workers’ compensation claims, lines of coverage, and vehicle and property changes.
Information From Third Parties
We may receive Personal Information from reporting agencies, which provide us with motor vehicle reports, claim reports, and/or other insurance loss information where permitted by law.
The Information We Disclose
Personal Information disclosed to third-parties will only be disclosed as permitted or required by law and will be maintained to ensure the confidentiality of the Personal Information in conformity with state and federal law.
We use Personal Information to process, service, and to settle claims.
Following are some examples of how we may use Personal Information:
- We may exchange Personal Information with any applicable agents, investigators, appraisers, attorneys, and other persons who are or will become involved in processing your application and servicing claims.
- For the processing of claims, Personal Information may be provided to adjusters and businesses, such as medical providers, expert witnesses, or for vehicle repair.
- We may share Personal Information with persons or organizations that we have determined need it to perform a business, professional, or insurance function for us. These include businesses that help us with administrative functions. All of these entities are obligated to keep the Personal Information confidential and to use the Personal Information only for the purpose for which the Personal Information is provided.
- Personal Information may be provided to organizations conducting actuarial research or audits. In this case, you will not be individually identified in any research report. We may also share Personal Information for other permitted purposes, including with another insurance company if you are involved in an accident with their insured; with our reinsurers; with insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud; with medical professionals or institutions in order to verify coverage or conduct operations or services audits; with state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities; if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to Personal Information to employees who need it in order to provide products or services to you. We train our employees to safeguard Personal Information. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access by third parties.
Your Security is Important
Please see our Security Policy for further information on how we protect your information on the Internet.
Additional Information for Our Website Users
We continuously strive to improve the website. We are interested in how visitors use the website, what they like and dislike, and where they have problems. We may gather data on how users navigate the Website so we can make it an easy place to conduct business. Our tools may gather data such as what browser a person uses or even what pages are most popular.
This policy applies to prospective, current and former Members of The Trust.
If you have a concern about privacy or security at The Trust, we want to hear about it by mail or email.
Please write to us at:
Rhode Island Interlocal Trust
501 Wampanoag Trail, Suite 301
East Providence, RI 02915
or email us at email@example.com