Frequently Asked Questions


Q: What's the difference between a “formal claim” and an “Incident”?

A: If a Member identifies a claim as formal, it will be assigned to an adjuster in the claims department.  If a Member identifies a claim as incident, The Trust reviews the claim but takes no action.  It is filed and kept on record should it become active at some point in the future. 

Q: When is a member charged the $250 handling fee?

A: Members are charged a $250 processing fee if The Trust has to adjudicate a claim that is less than the policy deductible. 

© Copyright 2015 Rhode island Interlocal Risk Management Trust  |  Design by Malcolm Grear Designers