The Rhode Island Interlocal Risk Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending and retirement plan. We’re always looking for dedicated, dynamic individuals to join our team.
We are currently hiring for the following position:
Wellness Program Specialist
Schedule: Full time
Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
Manage The Trust’s Wellness Program and collaborate with Members of the Health Pool to provide and promote innovative approaches to total worker health by establishing work environments that encourage health and safety in the workplace and beyond. Works closely with Membership Services and Employee Benefits and has extensive contact with Member Wellness Coordinators and outside vendors/contractors.
- Create strategic yearly wellness plans with Member Wellness Coordinators.
- Implement plans within a timely manner and track key program milestones.
- Communicate and help promote wellness events to Member employees.
- Manage the Wellness Program budget(s) and create a year-end wellness report.
- Produce and present financial and statistical reports needed to support new additions to the Wellness Program.
- Analyze, interpret and act on program reports and metrics.
- Educate Member Wellness Coordinators on how best to communicate and promote wellness in their workplaces.
- Evaluate and improve upon yearly wellness plans. Continually stay abreast of new wellness offerings and grow/expand program.
- Identify and develop initiatives to leverage existing partnerships and expand opportunities for Members in the Wellness Program.
- Participate and attend Member Wellness meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Experience with event planning and community organizing
- Project management.
- Understanding the principles of wellness activities, health, and marketing
- Proficient in website content and management
- Fluent in Microsoft office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High degree of initiative and follow through.
- Able to handle and organize multiple projects with little oversight.
- Communicate in a professional manner.
- Work quality is neat, accurate, and thorough.
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to travel to member locations no more than 50 miles
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Bachelor’s in health, wellness, communications, or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of program management, specifically in health/wellness industry.
- Wellness/health certifications preferred.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of The Trust.
Mail: Rhode Island Interlocal Risk Management Trust, 501 Wampanoag Trail, Suite 301, East Providence, RI 02915 Attention: Human Resources
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant must get up to speed quickly and therefore, we will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
The Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.